The Basics Edit
If you just want to build and export a structure, be it to back it up, move it to another world, or just to test the system, follow these steps.
- Grab a block selector. I recommend the Floating Block Selector.
- Select the structure by setting the first point at one edge of it, and the other point at the far edge on the other side.
- Type Command:export to open up the Structure Configuration GUI. You might want to set the save location to 'Inactive'. You will not need to modify this otherwise for a simple structure file, simply enter a name and click 'save'.
- Your structure is now present in either the 'active' folder or the 'inactive' folder, and registered with Recurrent Complex. You can use Command:import to place the structure at any position (in any world).
- Optional: If you don't want structures to spawn anywhere while you're doing this, refer to Using Recurrent Complex as a Utility.
Something more intricate Edit
If you want to build a structure that is more involved, first make sure you understand the approach described above to get a general overview.
More approaches are described here: Category:Structure Type